Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi only iPad is using huge amounts of data, how can I find out which app/apps are using the data?

MY wifi only iPad is using huge amounts of data, how can I find out which app is using the data!

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 3:53 AM

4 replies

Sep 6, 2015 1:11 AM in response to elcpu

I mean data downloaded over wifI. i installed the 'Data Usae Pro' app, over the course of a day, it notched up.several Gb of data I can see my router light flickering constantly, when I switched the iPad off, the router became inactive. Yesterday I wiped the iPad & reset 'as new', I haven't checked yet to see if the problem is resolved. Apologies for any typos, I haven't got my glasses on.

Sep 6, 2015 5:44 AM in response to SpaceCab

Hi SpaceCab, first no apologies are needed, I don't care about typos as I make them myself... 🙂

I suspect (strongly so) that you had an App that was corrupted and was just churning and churning trying to download something like a video or a large file (impossible to know now). Reseting the iPad as New should take care of the problem with the drawback of having to reset all apps and settings from scratch. If you are ok with that then leave it as-is and test it. If not you could try restoring your iCloud backup (if you have one) but there is a risk that doing so will bring back the corrupted app and its data and if so, you would have to restore as New again.

Please post back with your results, good or back, feedback is always appreciated from this end...

Cheers,

Elcpu

My wifi only iPad is using huge amounts of data, how can I find out which app/apps are using the data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.