Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 and 6 problem

My parents both have iPhones, my father has an iPhone 6 and my mother an iPhone 5. They are both in the same apple account but have different phone numbers registered to the sim cards in their phone. For some reason when one of the numbers is called the other phone often rings as well, this is not a FaceTime call but rather a phone call directly to the specific number, the same was happening with their text messages, but I fixed the issue. I have already looked at the number and each phone is only registered to their particular number, how can I stop both phones from ringing when only the one number is being called.

Thank you for your help in advanced.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 4:52 AM

5 replies

Sep 5, 2015 5:41 AM in response to AlexaRosen

This is a feature of continuity/handoff and happens when you are using the same Apple ID across multiple devices. You can:

1. Disable handoff:

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

OR

2. Do not share the same Apple ID. If you want to share content across multiple Apple IDs use the family share feature:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Sep 5, 2015 6:09 AM in response to AlexaRosen

It's not "Handoff", it's "Phone Calls". See the continuity article article FelipeV posted, but look for Phone Calls section, specifically:

Turn off iPhone cellular calls

To turn off iPhone cellular calls on your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off iPhone Cellular Calls.

On your Mac, open the FaceTime app and go to FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings and deselect the iPhone Cellular Calls option.

Iphone 5 and 6 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.