Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant update or restore my Iphone 6( Ios 8.4)

I wanted to update my iphone to ios 8.4.1 and as the iphone was installing the new software,an error occured.So i tried installing the software again and the same thing happened. I tried updating the iphone on my other windows computer and the same thing happened. Now my iphone is currently bricked as i cant update it or restore it even though its telling me to connect to itunes. Even tried
- restarting computer
- reinstalling itunes
- changing cables
Would greatly appreciate your help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 6:53 AM

6 replies

Sep 5, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Mario5s

Mario5s wrote:

I wanted to update my iphone to ios 8.4.1 and as the iphone was installing the new software,an error occured.So i tried installing the software again and the same thing happened. I tried updating the iphone on my other windows computer and the same thing happened. Now my iphone is currently bricked as i cant update it or restore it even though its telling me to connect to itunes. Even tried
- restarting computer
- reinstalling itunes
- changing cables
Would greatly appreciate your help!

What was the error. The exact wording and any number that may have been displayed. If you are seeing a screen to connect to iTunes, then the device is in Recovery Mode and you could follow the instructions in this support document for help with that. But first, you may need to address the error received. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2015 11:14 AM in response to Mario5s

The two errors that you describe have to do with attempting to install a non-standard iOS. You say that you tried to install iOS 8.1.2. That cannot be done, even attempting it with DFU Mode. You can only restore to the latest iOS available for your device which is iOS 8.4.1. As far as the error 53, it could be a hardware error or a security software error. Take a look at this support document. Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

You may have made enough attempts to modify your device that you have caused the problems. You might try making an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to get assistance unless you have tried to jailbreak the device and in that case they will not look at the device.

I cant update or restore my Iphone 6( Ios 8.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.