Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

debug malware error 895 Shall I call?

I went to a site with a popup wanting me to sign in as a guest. I didn't sign in. I left the site and closed Safari. I then got a Debug malware error 895 system 32 exe failure notice telling me to call the toll-free helpline: 1 866-582-7974. I called but was not directed to help, just jazz playing. Didn't trust it so hung up. Shall I trust the notice, call again and stay on the line for help? Or is that a ruse? Is there another way to check for debugging on my Mac Mini hard drive? Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 4:19 PM

Just a scam. No real problem unless yu called and did what they said. Force quite Safari first by

command-Q

Next open Safari with the Sift key depressed to prevent opening previously open windows.

Go to Safari>Safari and Clear History and website data

2 replies

Sep 5, 2015 4:22 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you! That occurred on another website and I wasn't sure what to do, just closed Safari. This scam was insistent in telling me to call that number, not letting me go elsewhere. I did force quit and had no further problems but feared that a bug might still exist. I cleared today's history and website data. Really appreciate your timely response!

debug malware error 895 Shall I call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.