Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my IP address?

Hi,

I have just opened my computer and reconnected to my internet after my internet provider did a reset and a message appeared saying that another device on the network is using my computers IP address. The instructions then said to change the IP address of my computer or the other device.

I have no idea what other device is using the IP address so I would like to change the IP address of my computer. How do I do this?

My computer is a Mac Book Pro running on Mac OS X version 10.7.5

Thanks in advance.

Kate

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 6:10 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 8:09 AM in response to kmegee

You don't change the ip address of your computer it should be set to get an address automatically by DHCP as should all your other devices. . Power down all your devices including your router/modem. Power up your router/modem and wait for it to stabilize. Then power up each of your device one at a time. If you have a separate router and modem, power up the modem first, your router next, then your devices.

How do I change my IP address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.