Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use Kingston memory for my macbook pro 17 inch early 2011 model? it is 1333 and ddr?

I found some Kingston memory - 16 gb, 1333, ddr - will it fit in my Macbook Pro 17 inch model, early 2011 for upgrade?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 7:50 AM

Yes if it is the one specified on this Kingston page.

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Default.aspx?DeviceType=3&Mfr=APP&Line= MacBook%20Pro&Model=69656&Description=Ki…

6 replies

Sep 5, 2015 7:50 AM in response to dean2938

Kingston's Value RAM line has repeatedly showed up here as problematic in Intel Macs going back to 2006. Their full-price RAM is apparently OK, but I only use RAM from Other World Computing. We have over a dozen active Macs in the family plus I support about that many more for friends, and have never had a issue with OWC RAM in a Mac.

Crucial also seems a reliable source of Mac RAM.

Sep 5, 2015 8:11 AM in response to dean2938

"finding" memory that 'seems to match' is not a good plan. The real test is, ¿Will Kingston (or the Vendor you choose) stand behind it?

it is good advice to buy your memory from a Mac-knowledgeable Vendor who says:

"it works in your Mac,

or your money Back."

This is especially true if you exceed the maximum memory size Apple tested and recommends. The Vendor needs to stand behind the larger configuration working correctly in your machine.

can i use Kingston memory for my macbook pro 17 inch early 2011 model? it is 1333 and ddr?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.