Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting rid of bloatware of Apples on iPhone

I don want to jail break the iPhone but want a way of getting rid of Apples bloatware on the iPhone, totally, since I have no use for it.

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 7:25 AM

16 replies

Aug 2, 2017 1:33 PM in response to rossouwd

This is a 2 year old thread. Things have changed: Since iOS 10 many pre installed apps are now fully removable.

For the ones that are left, many do not use data at all, and those who do can be turned off in Settings.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also things like News and Stocks will only use data in the background if you have gon in and set them up. Otherwise they remain inactive.

Aug 2, 2017 1:25 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I am not an iPhone user but am seriously considering acquiring one soon. My question at early stage is: Although it’s simple enough to ‘banish' unused Apple apps to a folder on the last page, don't the info on these Apps continue to update regularly? – like, for instance, breaking news on Newsstand and daily stock prices. This regular updating necessarily use up data which is expensive in my country, as well as impact negatively on battery usage. Possibly one is able to disable such updating of the ‘banished' apps in settings?

Sep 5, 2015 7:31 AM in response to dispatchsshs

dispatchsshs wrote:

I don want to jail break the iPhone but want a way of getting rid of Apples bloatware on the iPhone, totally, since I have no use for it.

Pre-installed apps are part of the operating system and cannot be removed. They take up negligible amounts of space (iOS 8.4.1 took up less space than the previous version, even). Put them in a folder on the last screen of your phone and ignore them.

It is not worth voiding your warranty and opening your phone up to the risk of malware just to save a few kilobytes.

Sep 5, 2015 7:49 AM in response to dispatchsshs

Here is what I do with "stuff" I don't use. Create a new folder and name it as you wish, Junk for instance or if it feels better, Unneeded Bloatware. Then put all the Apps you don't like in it and place this folder on your last page. They will still be there but out of the way. They do consume a very small amount of usage, just think of your iPhone as having 0.3 to 0.5 GBs less. I do agree with you that it would be nice if we could remove them, the first one off my list would be the watch... Cheers.... 🙂

Sep 5, 2015 12:56 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I am well aware of that. Most if not all the apps that I am refereeing to are their money makers which just seem like a big waste of space since I do not use them. Why they have a Watch app on a iPhone is beyond me. I do not wear watches. Newsstand is waste since I do not subscribe to anything. Game Center since I do not play games and Passbook.. Health since I do not putting that much personal info on a iPhone since it is to easily hacked and I am to broke to buy stocks.

Sep 5, 2015 1:07 PM in response to dispatchsshs

They at least read you complaint on the feedback page. They do not read it here.

It clearly states that they will no respond to the feedback.

Just because you want this does not mean that most do or that it makes sense. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone has one, and it does not dictate what others do.

You can leave you feedback for Apple to read and they can decide what, if anything, to do with it.

Certainly you understand that your opinion may not be the best course of action for Apple, or the majority of it's customers.

Sep 5, 2015 1:36 PM in response to dispatchsshs

dispatchsshs wrote:

Leaving feedback is a waste of time as well on Apple. Deleting is just as easy step for them and you never get any feed back from them.

You may think that letting Apple know your feelings is a waste of time, that is your choice, but as we can't change anything it's also a waste of your, and our time posting it here.

Good luck.

Sep 5, 2015 3:20 PM in response to dispatchsshs

dispatchsshs wrote:

I am well aware of that. Most if not all the apps that I am refereeing to are their money makers

So they make money off of Stocks, Voice Memo, Compass, Calculator, Reminders? I'm not entirely clear how having the Watch app on the iPhone makes them money. It' snot as though it forces you to buy an Apple Watch. I also think you're being just a tad disenguous when you say, "Why they have a Watch app on a iPhone is beyond me."

dispatchsshs wrote:

Passbook.. Health since I do not putting that much personal info on a iPhone since it is to easily hacked

The FBI disagrees with you on that.

Getting rid of bloatware of Apples on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.