Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message

I received a text message on my iPhone 6 yesterday, however, it still hasn't shown up on my iPad air. I don't remember this happening before. What happened?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Hi there sveiks,

It sounds like you're not getting your text messages on your iPad like you used to on your phone. First I would check to see that iMessage is enabled on your iPad:

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Settings > Messages

If it is, then check to see if Text Message Forwarding is turned on between your iPhone and your iPad:

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.

1. Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  2. On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  3. Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

CLOS

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 12:03 PM in response to sveiks

Hi there sveiks,

It sounds like you're not getting your text messages on your iPad like you used to on your phone. First I would check to see that iMessage is enabled on your iPad:

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

Settings > Messages

If it is, then check to see if Text Message Forwarding is turned on between your iPhone and your iPad:

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.

1. Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  2. On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  3. Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

CLOS

Text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.