Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twins heading to college tomorrow and her iPhone 6 blank screen but beeps when charging after screen replacement

Please help we are desperate!!! We have twins starting college tomorrow in two different states so moneys extremely tight and the Apple store is financially out of reach. So my daughters iPhone 6 had a cracked screen so she had the screen replaced at a shop but now it won't light up but the phone beeps when charging. The shop told her that nit was not their problem because as far as they know they phone may not have been working before they got it, which is a Crock of Crap. Now the phone is recognized in iTunes and a Soft reset and a restore on iTunes was a bust. I bought tools online and opened the phone to check all connections and every connection looks good. I know it's not the screen because I took apart my iPhone 6 and put her replacement screen on mine and it turned right on. Something I did notice is that the little tiny hole where I'm assuming the proximity sensor is, looks to have had over spray from when they painted the screen black. I thought maybe the motherboard went into some sort of lock mode so I cleaned the over spray and reassembled the phone hoping that was going to do the trick. Just my luck, that did not fix our issue. She's leaving for college in the morning and we've spent our last dime on there dorm things. I'm hoping there's a wizard out there that can help us resolve this issue today, we are extremely desperate and extremely broke so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Thank you all in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 6:04 AM

2 replies

Sep 5, 2015 8:16 AM in response to DCheck

I'm truly sorry this happened, but your taking the device to a shop has voided your warranty and any post-warranty support from Apple. As Meg has indicated, the device is not user serviceable. To top it off, after opening the one device, you have also voided the warranty and post-warranty support on your device by opening it and trading parts. You will also find that changing screens on phones that contain Touch ID can also result in bricking the device.

Unfortunately for you, Apple will not longer service either of these devices. You will need to do as Meg suggests, and that is to try to find another shop, or make attempts to fix it yourself. Remember, Apple does not sell parts, so any parts you purchase online are knockoffs, salvage parts, or stolen parts.

Twins heading to college tomorrow and her iPhone 6 blank screen but beeps when charging after screen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.