Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to uninstall pirated microsoft

Dear Apple Community,

I have a macbook air, version 10.10.03 and i bought it in the year of 2013. 4GB capacity.

During that time I was advised by the sales person to get the pirated Microsoft as it won't do harms to my macbook and it will save extra wages rather. Therefore i've listened to him and get my macbook a pirated version. Now that I'm already working my office will provide us licensed Microsoft 365.

The reason I am so keen to uninstall it is because i realized that it has causes lots of problem to my macbook. My safari starting to lag and new tab keep opening it self (extremely annoying) my research in words can't autosave it self and a shortcut of the file keep saving it self. I a so worried that my macbook system is going down and the performance may frustrates me in a way. I have a very high expectation with Apple product and it was such a mistake to install a pirated version of Microsoft rather the licensed its so expensive that i couldn't afford it.

Im in terrible dilemma. Please help me to give suggestions and steps i shall perform to get my macbook to function at its best again. Your time and generous help on this issue are much appreciated.

Jaslind.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:53 AM

Please download and install EtreCheck from http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Run it and post the report here.

7 replies

Sep 5, 2015 9:58 AM in response to jass92

Microsoft is a company. It cannot be pirated. If you mean Microsoft Office, that is a product, and can be pirated, but its unlikely to be causing issues with Safari, or general slowness of your machine.

I would second Allan suggestion, and request you run and post an Etrecheck Report.

Using EtreCheck

Further, to uninstall Microsoft Office you can follow these steps for Office 2011:

https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/Troubleshoot-Office-2011-for-Mac-issues- by-completely-uninstalling-before-you-r…

Sep 5, 2015 11:28 AM in response to jass92

I can't still figure out on how and what EtreCheck will solve my problem.

It won't, and there is no point in running it. Stop taking advice from strangers to run unknown software. Pirated commercial software is usually, if not always, infected with malware, and there's ample evidence in your original post that you have been infected. The only way you can be sure that the machine is safe to use is to erase the startup volume and restore from a backup that predates the installation:

OS X Yosemite: Recover your entire system

If you can't do that, or don't want to, ask for other options.

how to uninstall pirated microsoft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.