Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Audio no longer plays in truck

Three days ago, my Bluetooth Audio stopped working in my truck (a 2013 Toyota Tundra) after never having an issue. I disconnected the phone and re-"paired" it with the Bluetooth, yet the audio does not play. The song titles show up on the dashboard, Siri works, and the phone still allows for calls in and out. However, the audio for the music no longer plays over the speakers. The radio, CD player and Sirius/XM all sound great.

I just upgraded to OS X 8.4.1, so I am wondering if there is another Bluetooth connectivity issue. Any thoughts or help that could be provided in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 6:16 AM

1 reply

Sep 6, 2015 8:23 AM in response to birddogmac

Hi birddogmac,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone’s music audio doesn’t play via Bluetooth in your car, but it does show track information, Siri use, and still functions for calls. I also realize that you have performed some great troubleshooting by updating your iPhone and repairing it as well, but the issue continues.

To continue the troubleshooting process, I would suggest making sure you have completed all of the suggested steps located in the attached article’s If you’re using Bluetooth section. If the issue continues after working through the suggested troubleshooting, it may be necessary to follow step 7 to contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Best regards

Bluetooth Audio no longer plays in truck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.