Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock iphone

Hi!

Last Sunday I bouth an Iphone 5c from Carphone Warehouse,As customer pay as you go,now I whant to use another sim but realize is block on first sim insert,how can I unblock this.Please help.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1, -

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 7:53 AM

Hi, this article will show you what to do:

About swapping the SIM card - Apple Support

Cheers...

elcpu

6 replies

Sep 5, 2015 7:58 AM in response to cmg 1

From my understanding, all phones sold at Carphone Warehouse will lock to the first carrier SIM that is inserted and activated on the phone, even if you purchase one you believe to be unlocked. The only way to get the phone unlocked to use with another carrier is to contact the carrier that you are locked to and see if they provide unlocking services and if yes, do you qualify. If so, follow their instructions.

Sep 5, 2015 8:23 AM in response to elcpu

elcpu, you have been giving a lot of great advice, but note that Carphone Warehouse sells sim-free, not unlocked iPhones. What they sell locks to the carrier the iPhone is first activated on, unlike an unlocked iPhone you cannot just change sims at that point.

This has come up in the past, just not the recent past...keep up the great work, hope to see you in the Lounge soon at the rate you are going 😉

Sep 5, 2015 8:47 AM in response to cmg 1

Hi CMG, a little confused from my end.... even thought I have a PhD in Engineering from Rice University I still get confused a lot!!! or so my wife tells me...

🙂
🙂

did you have to go to the carrier and ask them to unlock the phone for you? Would appreciate your feedback....

El

<Edited by Host>

unlock iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.