Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerMac G4 video card security

Hi,

I have a PowerMac G4 with a broken video card i think.

I have a Radeon 9200 SE video card more and i tried to run with this one.

The originaly video card of the PM G4 is an Radeon 9000 Pro.

When I pushed the power button on the computer, nothing happened...!

-With the broken one >> No video but the computer goes on,

-With the other one >> Nothing...

So, I just take a better look on the bus, and on the Radeon 9000 (originaly), there is a little part more just next to the AGP port. And no on the Radeon 9200 SE...

So, maybe it's a security or do you think there is no link betwin the "no power on" and the "little parts"??

Thank a lot!

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:45 AM

23 replies

Sep 5, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Zenorph

Hmmmm,

The 9200 is PCI instead of AGP, correct?

Is it a Mac or PC card?

If AGP...

Flashed AGP 8x video cards are not compatible with the Mystic/Gigabit Ethernet, Digital Audio, Cube, Quicksilver, and Mirror Drive Door Power Mac G4 without modification. As explained by The Mac Elite, Apple uses pins 3 and 11 on the back of the card to power ADC monitors. These pins must be disabled or your Mac will not boot with the card installed. Full details and instructions are on the Mac Elite website.

http://lowendmac.com/video/agp/radeon-9200.html

Sep 6, 2015 12:46 AM in response to BDAqua

Back,

Thanks you, a need it!

So, i followed the instructions to flash de video card but... In all cases I have to run "ATIccelerator"

but its impossible >> "Le message spécifié est introuvable à l’index 16" [The specified message is not found in the index 16]...

I'm blocked here...

Cordially

PowerMac G4 video card security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.