Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date and time issues on an iPod Touch

My daughter has the newest iPod Touch. She got it Christmas 2013 and it has worked well. All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago, she started to have issues with the time and date being incorrect. These are things I have tried:

• Manually setting date & time: This works until the device goes to sleep and then it freezes at whatever time it was when it fell asleep and will not advance.
  • Restore using iTunes and restoring from backup. Didn't help.
  • Restore using iTunes and set up as new. Didn't help.

I am using an iPhone 6 which does not have this issue and she is currently using my old 4s which is working fine (all on the same wifi and same iOS). Not sure what else I can try. I'm not close to a Genius Bar and it's definitely out of warranty. Any ideas?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:30 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 9:36 AM in response to sugarmagnolia74

If you successfully restored (went through all steps without error) to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store..

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

You do not have the latest iPod touch. The 6G iPod touch was released in July of this year.

Date and time issues on an iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.