Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with the keyboard on the iPhone 5s not typing certain letters

my iPhone 5s is having keyboard issues, it won't let me type certain letters, and I also have a line running vertically down my screen ant thoughts. This started on the iOS updated 8.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 9:39 AM

Hey Lalan321,

I understand that you're experiencing a couple issues with your iPhone's screen. Fortunately we've a number of steps that can help remove the line and help with the fact that it's not recognizing input on particular portions of the screen.

Fix your touchscreen

Make sure your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Get more help

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Regards

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Lalan321

Hey Lalan321,

I understand that you're experiencing a couple issues with your iPhone's screen. Fortunately we've a number of steps that can help remove the line and help with the fact that it's not recognizing input on particular portions of the screen.

Fix your touchscreen

Make sure your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Get more help

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Regards

Issue with the keyboard on the iPhone 5s not typing certain letters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.