Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I sync my iPhone 6 Plus to my iMac, why does the status bar in iTunes show more remaining storage space on the phone than the iPhone actually shows?

I hook up my 6 Plus to my iMac and open iTunes. When I sync it, the status bar at the bottom of the iTunes summary page shows 1.5-2 GB more storage space available than the iPhone itself shows. This happens on any iPhone or iPad that I sync with my iMac. Is this a glitch in the software or what?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, iMac, OS X 10.9.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:18 AM

There are no replies.

When I sync my iPhone 6 Plus to my iMac, why does the status bar in iTunes show more remaining storage space on the phone than the iPhone actually shows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.