Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for new computer

Hi,

I apologize if this has come up before but I need to be certain of the answer before doing anything.

I recently got a new office mac computer and have been working off of that using iCal, contacts, mail etc. Now I need to have this information on my computer at home and I'm not sure how to sync up with icloud. I currently have an iCloud account but it has all of my home computer stuff on it. How can I sync up with iCloud so that the data on my office computer will override the data on iCloud? After which I can sync my home computer up with that info. Basically the new computer needs to be the main database and I need to update my home computer, ipad and iphone with this information, specifically with iCal. Any tips?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:05 AM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2015 11:27 AM in response to ethnotime

Then I think the best thing to do would be to create the new ID on your new computer (system preferences > iCloud) and choose merge if/when prompted for contacts, calendars etc.

On your old computer turn off each sync service (system preferences > iCloud) and if/when prompted choose remove from device, Once you have done this sign in using your new ID.

iCloud for new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.