Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically Adding Music to Root Media Folder?

I've used iTunes for ages and the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder has always added any .mp3's to a new folder within the iTunes/iTunes Media/Music folder but with version 12.2.2.25 x64 it adds a new folder in the iTunes/iTunes Media folder and not inside the "Music" folder?

Is this a bug as it surely isn't right?

TIA Steve

Windows 10 x64 Home and iTunes v 12.2.2.25

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, null

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:45 AM

Enable the menu bar if needed with Alt or Ctrl+B.

Use File > Library > Organize Library > Rearrange Files unless the option is greyed out, in which case try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows.

tt2

7 replies

Sep 5, 2015 10:58 AM in response to harrismail

Just one more thing...

I've organised the library and the problem above has gone away but I notice that in my "iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Compilations" folder I have a whole list of app folders with ipa's inside?

I have an iPad and iPhone and the "iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications" has a whole load of ipa's but not the exact same ones as in the Compilations folder???

Now I'm really confused??

TIA Steve

Sep 5, 2015 11:16 AM in response to harrismail

Me too. 😕

Could you take a screenshot, or at least post a sample folder name and its contained .ipa file?

Try the permissions repair if you haven't done it already. Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced check that the media folder is correctly identified as ...iTunes\iTunes Media. Turn Keep organized off, then turn it back on again. Any improvement?

See CleanDeadApps for a script which should clean redundant apps from the Mobile Applications folder. If there is anything still in Compilations check the location of the corresponding app from Get Info > File tab in iTunes to see if it is the active copy of the app or some weird duplicate you can safely remove.

tt2

Sep 5, 2015 12:54 PM in response to turingtest2

OK for whatever reason (and this iTunes library is very old) all the apps in my compilation folder were redundant and I've moved them into another folder outside of iTunes whilst I make absolutely sure they aren't needed.

I've just fully synced both my iPhone and iPad to iTunes without a hitch and all the apps are still on the phone/ipad - and in the iTunes mobile application folder so I can only assume the ones in the compilation folder were just taking up space!

Very strange!

Steve

Automatically Adding Music to Root Media Folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.