Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad mini just drops the network connection

My I pad mini just drops the network connection at least twice a day and I have to reboot the I pad mini to regain connection. How to correct this???

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:54 AM

5 replies

Sep 6, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Kathy5121

Hello Kathy5121,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPad loses connection to a WiFi network. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Sep 7, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Kathy5121

Kathy, please be aware that there are many people having Wi-Fi issues with iOS 8. If interested see this thread (do not recommend reading 200+ pages, LOL) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546549?start=3180&tstart=0

Is your mini the only device having this issue? Are other Wi-Fi devices working ok like your computer or phone?

Generally the steps to take are listed below. If you want more details on any of them please ask.

1. Forget Network

2. Reset Network Settings

3. Reboot Router/Modem

4. Perform a Forced Restart

5. Change to Google's DNS, 8.8.8.8

6. Under Privacy > Location Services > System Preferences > turn Wi-Fi Networking OFF

7. Restore the device

8. Get an Apple Airport Router

9. Wait for iOS 9 <<<<< available soon, see the top of the iPad discussion thread.

10. Go to an Apple Store for evaluation.

You can try the simpler ones first, 1-6 and if not I would wait for iOS 9.

Sep 7, 2015 6:38 AM in response to notcloudy

My iPad drops good action drops the connection while in one place at home every time I close cover and it goes to sleep . All of my other Apple devices have no problem with the connections my iPad my iMac or my iPhone . The problem was solved as recommended above by rebooting the modem and the iPad . Thanks to all who responded .

I pad mini just drops the network connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.