Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button heating up

Yes home button not the phone . Just a few hours ago i was just about to unlock my phone(iphone6), when i placed my finger on the home button(because i had touch id on) then i felt somthing hot. so i unlocked my phone then the home button has cooled down. later i found out that my touch id has been turned off and my fingerprints(i had 4 of them) are all gone then i tried turning it on again but it didnt work("FAILED", even after several times of restart and reset). and it still heating up a few times but then after about an hour or two i found out that when my phone is locked it will heat up but then when i unlock it, it will cooldown after a few secs.

dont know if its a software or hardware problem. Pls help.

still heating up when locked, turning it off the only way hahah..

P.s sorry for bad english AND still have warranty on this thing so maybe ill exchange my phone for a new one if its a major problem

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:00 AM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2015 11:15 AM in response to Rapawan

Hi, Rapawan.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with Touch ID. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help with this issue.

Get help with Touch ID

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS.
  2. Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.*
  3. Cover the Home button completely. Don't tap too quickly, don't press down hard, and don't move your finger while Touch ID is scanning. Make sure that your finger touches the metal ring around the Home button.
  4. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Home button or the surrounding ring. If it does, remove the case or screen protector and try again.
  5. Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on. Also make sure that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  6. Try enrolling a different finger.
  7. If you can't enroll any of your fingers, take your device to an Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare for help.

* Moisture, lotions, sweat, oils, cuts, or dry skin might affect fingerprint recognition. Certain activities can also temporarily affect fingerprint recognition, including exercising, showering, swimming, cooking, or other conditions or changes that affect your fingerprint.

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad

Sep 7, 2015 4:33 AM in response to jason269

hello

the thing here is that the whole touch id thing is not working anymore (setting>touch id and passocode > iphone unlock button is off and cant be turned on anymore)

and the home button( the fingerprint scanner thing NOT THE WHOLE PHONE) heats up when the phone is locked. i tried restoring and everything so ithink the hardware has a problem.

apparently there 3 things i can do to prevent this
1. leave the phone unlocked

2. turn it off ( at night)

3. connect to a pc (which i dont know why even if its locked as long as its connected to pc)

anyways they(apple service center) said that they can replace the whole device

(they said it will maybe take about a month to replace cause they're going to order it from another country)

Home button heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.