Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my name as the sender in mail on my mac

What procedure do I follow to change my name as the sender of my emails in Mail?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 9:52 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 11:20 AM in response to frogsarefun

Take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resoved.

Step 1

Mail associates a name with an address by looking up the address in the Contacts database. Do that yourself and correct the entry or entries.

Step 2

If the wrong name is associated with your own address, select your card in the Contacts application. Then select

Card Make This My Card

from the menu bar.

Step 3

Delete the unwanted address from the Previous Recipients list under the Window menu.

Step 4

Quit Mail and Contacts. Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return. A folder named "AddressBook" should open.

Inside the folder there should be one or more files with a name beginning "AddressBook-v22.abcddb". Move those files to the Trash. Launch Contacts, then launch Mail and test. You might have to log out or restart the computer in order to see a change.

If the problem is resolved, empty the Trash.

Credit for this idea to ASC member Barney-15E.

How do I change my name as the sender in mail on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.