Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match 'Make available offline' not working

I have iTunes Match, not a huge library ~7K songs. Using an iphone 6 , iOS 8.4.

Have a small subset of this I want for offline use.

Click 'Make available offline' and it goes through the motions of downloading a few hundred songs. Upon completion... MOST of the songs aren't there. No error messages, just not all the songs. This seems to be artist specific. I've gone through the process multiple times, seems as though iTunes Match doesn't want me to have Bruce Springsteen available, but I can have Bruce and the E Street Band. Can only have 3 AC/DC songs, yet I can have all my Bob Dylan albums. It does not appear to be related to those albums that I ripped from CDs I own versus those that I purchased from iTunes or any other criteria I can imagine.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:09 AM

1 reply

Sep 8, 2015 5:02 AM in response to smithchrisc

I have a similar issue running iOS9 Beta on iPhone 6. It's the same issue I have had prior to iTunes Match with syncing MP3 via iTunes. The songs are physically on the iPhone, but they're not seen by the Music App. I downloaded about a 1000 songs (out of 9000) for offline listening. Then one day the Music app crashed and most of those songs went missing even though they were still on the iPhone storage.

Apple is really getting on my nerves with those music library management issues.

Anyway, I'm downloading those songs again, but I'm pretty certain this will happen again...

iTunes Match 'Make available offline' not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.