Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email already in use?!

I'm trying to change my apple ID email address however it says that the email address is already in use for an Apple ID but when I try to find it, it says that there is no ID associated with that email address?! Help?! (It's not the alternative)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:04 AM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2015 10:22 AM in response to CarllyJay

Hi CarllyJay,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to edit your Apple ID to a different email address, but you are receiving an alert that this email address is already an Apple ID. I also understand that you checked your current Apple ID to make sure the email address you would like to use is not set up as an alternate address to your current email address.

To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest trying to reset the Apple ID password for the email account that you would like to change to. It is possible that you have two email addresses with two independent Apple IDs. If you are able to reset the password, try to log in using that account.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Best regards

Sep 7, 2015 9:53 AM in response to CarllyJay

Greetings CarllyJay,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Thank you for the extra information regarding your Apple ID situation. From here, it may be necessary for you to contact Apple Support directly so that we can look into the issue further and provide accurate information to you. If you would like to contact Apple Support, please use the attached link below to get started.

Apple - Support - Topic Selection

Cheers

Apple ID email already in use?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.