Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why i don't find all my foto, events ed album in Iphoto?

Macbook Pro

OS X Yosemite version 10.10.4

Iphoto 9.6.1

"because i can not find all photos, events and albums in Iphoto? "

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 11:51 PM

Explain more, please.

• What do you see, when you open iPhoto? What happens?
  • Where is your iPhoto Library stored? In the default location in your Pictures folder? Or on an external drive? If on an external drive, how is the drive formatted and how is it connected?
  • Do you have more than one iPhoto Library? Have you tried to launch iPhoto while holding down the options key, to select a different library?
  • Did something happen, before this problem occurred? For example, did iPhoto crash? Did you move your iPhoto Library? Did you install new software?
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2015 11:51 PM in response to carlone46

Explain more, please.

• What do you see, when you open iPhoto? What happens?
  • Where is your iPhoto Library stored? In the default location in your Pictures folder? Or on an external drive? If on an external drive, how is the drive formatted and how is it connected?
  • Do you have more than one iPhoto Library? Have you tried to launch iPhoto while holding down the options key, to select a different library?
  • Did something happen, before this problem occurred? For example, did iPhoto crash? Did you move your iPhoto Library? Did you install new software?

Sep 6, 2015 7:07 AM in response to carlone46

-Iphoto library is stored in immagini but is empty

Check the file size of the iPhoto Library you are seeing in your Pictures folder (Immagini). Sometimes a library appears to be empty, but is still quite large and just needs repairing. Is the library still large enough to be holding all your photos and events?

If not, you may have been using a different library previously, perhaps on a connected drive, that is no longer connected or iPhoto cannot open the library for different reasons, permission problems for example. In those cases iPhoto will create a new, empty library.

Try to launch iPhoto while holding down the options key ⌥ to bring up the library chooser panel. Does that show a different library?

Which MacOS X version and iPhoto version did you upgrade from? Just to be sure, you did not accidentally open the new Photos.app instead of iPhoto, after you upgraded to MacOS X 10.10.4? Then your library will look very different from an iPhoto library.

Sep 6, 2015 7:55 AM in response to carlone46

-now I have two Libraries open. One empty and one with pictures that I transferred to Ipad. Total 3.5 GB.

So you are seeing at least one iPhoto Library with photos inside? That's good.

But I do not see events or album old.

What does the sidebar with the library inspector look like?

User uploaded file

Don't the Events show in the topmost section of the Library? Or is there only one event?

The albums may be hidden. To the right of the titles "Albums" , "Slideshows", etc are hidden Show/Hide controls. Hover the pointer to the far right of the titles to reveal these controls. Click "Show" if it is available.

Just to be sure - you already looked inside the iPhoto Trash, if you accidentally moved albums or events to the Trash?

Sep 6, 2015 8:30 AM in response to carlone46

Is there an iPhoto Library.migratedphotolibrary in your Pictures folder (immagini folder)? if you launched the new Phots.app at some point, your iPhoto Library may have been migrated to Photos. Then you should be seeing a Photos Library in your Pictures folder as well.

User uploaded file

Chrck, if you are having a large library with the rainbow flower icon like in the screenshot above.

why i don't find all my foto, events ed album in Iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.