Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

on mac mavericks 10.9.5 yahoo will not recognize my logitech HD c920 external webcam but will recognize my IMac built in webcam

on mac mavericks 10.9.5 yahoo will not recognize my logitech HD c920 external webcam but will recognize my IMac built in webcam

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 1:34 PM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2015 10:58 AM in response to lawyerinDC

I restate here my response of your other posting of this problem at my external third-party webcam is not being recognized by yahoo.

(0) If your camera problem is specific to Yahoo!, search the web for help from other Yahoo! users. One example is here. You can also search Yahoo or ask for specifichelp directly fromYahoo! here.

(1) If your cam does not work with Apple camera apps either, one of these will fix your problem:

(1) If restarting your Mac doesn't fix the problem,

(2) use Apple's http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090.

(BTW - The Troubleshooting article calls the camera an "iSight". However, after the article was published, Apple has changed the built-in camera's name on newer Macs from "iSight" to "FaceTime" and then to "FaceTime HD." Regardless of the name of your built-in camera, the same info and troubleshooting applies.)

Be sure to test more than one Apple app (Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, QuickTime Player, etc.) in more than one user account. Do NOT use the "Guest" account for this test. If you do not have more than one user account for the testing, create a new one now. If you need help, how to do it is explained in http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201754.

A "Standard" user account is all you need for testing.

(3) If your cam won't work properly even with Apple apps, use OS X Recovery to completely reinstall your Mac OS. Don't bother testing Yahoo!, Skype, or other third-party apps until you have your camera working with Apple apps.

(4) If none of the above suggestions resolve your trouble, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider to have your Mac professionally serviced. Be sure to backup your Mac and deauthorize iTunes before tendering it for service.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.5

Sep 7, 2015 1:29 PM in response to lawyerinDC

Hi,

EZ Jim is the best there is on this subject.

However I did look at the Logitech site.

I see no indication it works on a Mac.

User uploaded file

At the time Vista and USB 2.0 came out cameras tended to be listed as "Vista Ready" or UVC compliant (USB Video Class).

I also see nothing stating that on the web site either.

Also please NOTE:-

Messages and the Yahoo accounts in there and the Yahoo for Mac up do not do Video chats.

In fact the Yahoo for Mac app does not work in Yosemite.

User uploaded file

9:29 p.m. Monday; September 7, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.