Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my 1st gen. iPod shuffle have trouble syncing to iTunes 12.2.2.25 (I have a mac OS X 10.9.5)? It usually syncs fine for the first few minutes, but then it's like it loses connection.

Nothing I do stays after I disconnect the iPod. It'll act like it registers what I'm doing; if I delete a song, it'll delete from the playlist. But then, when I listen to my iPod, the song is still there and when I reconnect my iPod to iTunes, the song is still there. It's very frustrating; I keep having to disconnect and reconnect my iPod to get anything done. I sometimes get an error message saying it cannot find the device, but not always.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 10:03 PM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2015 7:22 AM in response to ZeroForm

Hello ZeroForm,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with syncing your iPod shuffle with your Mac. The symptoms you've described indicate that there may be an issue with the USB connection between your Mac and the iPod. The article linked below details a number of steps that can help stabilize this connection and restore your iPod shuffle's ability to successfully sync with your Mac.

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

Sincerely

Why does my 1st gen. iPod shuffle have trouble syncing to iTunes 12.2.2.25 (I have a mac OS X 10.9.5)? It usually syncs fine for the first few minutes, but then it's like it loses connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.