Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Showtime Restore Purchase

I subscribe to the standalone Showtime via a subscription through the iTunes Store. I have a new AppleTV that I am trying to "Restore Purchase" for activating Showtime. This does not seem to work and just brings me back to the Login/30-day trial/Restore Sub page. 30-days trial does not work either.

Since I pay through the iTunes subscriptions, I don't seem to have a login.

Any one experience this behavior. Is there a max to the number of devices. I know Showtime Anytime has a 5 machine limit, but I was not sure about the standalone subscription service.

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 8:10 AM

2 replies

Feb 18, 2016 3:05 PM in response to Orb

If you have more then one Apple TV, you can only be logged into one device at a time. Go to settings in the showtime app and logout of the old apple TV. Then you should be able to use the restore purchase function on the new Apple TV. Unfortunately you'll have to logout out and restore purchase each time you want to use a different device. Not ideal if you have one in a living room and bedroom and want to use both. It should be smart enough to only let one be used at a time without having to log out.

Showtime Restore Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.