Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCE HD fails to playback still images (jpegs) in canavas

Final Cut Express HD

Yosemite 10.2

3.2 Ghz processor

2TB hard drive

12 GB memory

Still images (jpegs) fail to play (in the canvas) . When playing the project in the time line, the images start presenting in the canvas but occasionaly get stuck on one image even though the play head keeps moving down the time line over new images (jpegs).

How can I solve this problem.

- Tried, trashing the presences and cache... no luck

- Tried changing the playback settings, e.g., safe mode, dynamic mode...

iMac G4, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 3:12 PM

5 replies

Sep 8, 2015 6:29 PM in response to David Harbsmeier

Greetings David

Thanks very much for your reply.

However, I seem to comply with all your suggestions, and yet experience this problem.

- All images are GGB color mode

- All images are less than 4000 pixels

- All images are rendered.

I tried one thing that sort of worked.

My project starts with 6 minutes of still images followed by 50 minutes of HD footage.

I created a separate sequence (timeline) and copied just the photos to this time-line and it played fine / while at the same time it would not play on the time-line with the HD video. I am not sure why that worked, but I need to be able to export the project as one timeline so I still have a problem.

Any suggestions?

Ron

Sep 9, 2015 7:42 AM in response to David Harbsmeier

Greetings David

re. export as a self-contained movie. Good idea!

This will work when the images are on the same location on the timeline, which is the case with this project... so thanks.

When photos are inserted between video (at various locations) this will be more challenging, but your solution will work for my current project, so thanks very much.

I tried one other thing last night, I simply copied my entire project (photos and video) and pasted it into a new timeline (sequence) then all the photos did play, and yet in the original sequence they still did not play properly... go figure.

Thanks again

Ron

FCE HD fails to playback still images (jpegs) in canavas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.