Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove photos from recently deleted folder.

In my "Recently Deleted" folder I can select photos but there is no option to delete. No trash can icon. My only choices are Download and Recover.

How do I delete photos from this folder?

User uploaded file

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 7, 2015 8:42 AM

3 replies

Sep 8, 2015 11:21 AM in response to rharcum

Hi rharcum,

Items in the iCloud Photo Library's Recently Deleted folder can be deleted using an iOS device such as an iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, or using a Mac. Items left in the folder for 30 days are automatically deleted. See this article for reference - iCloud: Use iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely.

Sep 8, 2015 5:24 PM in response to Brett L

My iOS decive (iphone5c) shows the Recently Deleted folder to be empty. But when I look in that folder using icloud.com the Recently Deleted folder still has all the photos. Why are they there when using icloud.com?

I also get the following error message (see below) when I look in the Recently Deleted folder using icloud.com

I've clicked "Send to Apple" but the error repeats and there is no way to delete photos from the Recently Deleted folder.

User uploaded file

Can't remove photos from recently deleted folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.