Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 all of a sudden has communication issues with my Lexmark Pro205, can anyone help?

I have been printing on my Lexar Pro 205 and all of a sudden it started having communication issues. Any ideas, any one.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Sep 7, 2015 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 2:04 PM

communication issues

Can you be more specific?

Depending on the nature of the problem you are experiencing, deleting your existing printer from System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and adding it again may be the most expedient solution. Better yet is to "reset the printing system" as described here: Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system. Be sure to read what that does. The steps enumerated under "Resetting the printing system in OS X Lion" are equally applicable to Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite.

After you do that you will need to add the printer again according to the instructions here: OS X Yosemite: Add or remove a printer

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Clifffromsanta maria

communication issues

Can you be more specific?

Depending on the nature of the problem you are experiencing, deleting your existing printer from System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and adding it again may be the most expedient solution. Better yet is to "reset the printing system" as described here: Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system. Be sure to read what that does. The steps enumerated under "Resetting the printing system in OS X Lion" are equally applicable to Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite.

After you do that you will need to add the printer again according to the instructions here: OS X Yosemite: Add or remove a printer

Sep 8, 2015 1:01 PM in response to John Galt

I too have been having very similar problems , although with an Epson 1290S and an HP Photosmart , both of which are listed as being unsupported.

Excellent advice regards the links for resetting the printing environment, proved useful with a recalcitrant Canon.

Thanks for that link of supported and unsupported printers, John Galt. Invaluable, informative and time saving.

Deprecation - the fate of all hardware :-(.

Time to move two bits of kit to Linux land methinks ... the final refuge for all the huddled hardware iterations now rendered mainstream OS redundant.

My OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 all of a sudden has communication issues with my Lexmark Pro205, can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.