Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable disk use on my new iPod Shuffle, (generation 5)? There is a check-box, but I cannot uncheck "Enable disk use".

How do I disable disk use on my new iPod Shuffle, (generation 5)? There is a check-box, but I cannot uncheck "Enable disk use".

iPod shuffle, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 7, 2015 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 8:11 AM

Hi pedro d,

Thanks for your quick reply. I really do appreciate it.

I followed the reset instructions, and it did not help. However, I did figure out the problem. I unchecked the "Manually manage music" box, and that allowed me to uncheck the "Enable disk use" box. All good now.

Very Respectfully,

tcascade

3 replies

Sep 9, 2015 7:15 AM in response to tcascade

Hello there, tcascade.

It sounds like you are trying to disable disk use on your iPod Shuffle, To disable disk mode on your iPod, the following Knowledge Base article advises that it needs to be reset:

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

To return iPod to its normal operating state, reset it.

To reset your iPod Shuffle, the steps are outlined in that linked article:

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

iPod shuffle

To reset your iPod shuffle, follow these steps:

1. If your iPod is plugged into your computer, unplug it.
  2. Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to Off. When it's set to Off, you won't be able to see the green stripe.
  3. Wait for ten seconds.
  4. Move the switch to one of the play positions. You'll be able to see the green stripe.
    User uploaded file

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.