Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup message "The last backup could not be completed"

Hello.

Since my Iphone 6 received the 8.4.1 update it cant backup to icloud.

Keep getting "The last backup could not be completed".

I tried the following:

Turn of icloud backup for 1hr.

Tried different wifi-networks with charger connected to phone.

Shouting at Iphone.

Still same result, It starts to backup, but fails. Sometimes within 5 minutes, other times it takes

5-30 minutes before fail.

No storage problem, backup is 2.7GB and there is 5Gb on Icloud to use.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 12:18 AM

5 replies

Sep 8, 2015 4:12 AM in response to branx

Try turning off some items for back up in a pattern to try to establish if your problem is being caused by specific data on your device.

Being able to back up to the cloud can be very useful, especially if you don't have access to a computer or have infrequent access to one, however unless you specifically need to use iCloud for back up, you will find backing up to iTunes significantly more convenient and possibly more reliable.

More about iCloud v iTunes Back Up

Oct 11, 2015 12:23 PM in response to branx

Same issues .... iOS 9.02, AT&T, iPhone 6+, 64GB ..... 50gb iCloud storage with 32gb remaining. My iPad works just fine ....

Originally it said my most recent backup was only 0gb. I deleted it and it finally let me make a new backup (got numerous error messages saying it can't delete it, I was persistent and kept hitting retry, and it finally deleted after about 20 clicks). Will try deleting this one and try backing up.

Oct 11, 2015 1:33 PM in response to iPadSam

mine was fixed by wiping phone to new, then restore from icloud (erase phone again).

i still there are issues with icloud.

i have ipad 3g and iphone 6s and only icloud (no itunes) creating a note, contact, etc. works both ways...sync to devices.

only new contact created on phone will not go to icloud.

also, some apps, like FileBrowser, are not showing icloud folders...some wil show them.

i do not have icloud space problem, if you do that will cause problems.

iCloud backup message "The last backup could not be completed"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.