Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with iWeb.

My hard drive failed, and despite having made a copy of it beforehand, can't use iWeb to access my websites. NOTE: the hard drive was copied - not backed up. Everything's there. Somewhere. The programme doesn't seem to be able to recognise the files and I don't know where to look for them. Help!

iWeb-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 2:01 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2015 4:15 AM in response to Hoot41494

Well no, iWeb will not open your sites if they are published backups - that is html and css, because iWeb has no import facility so is unable to open any html and css files.

The files that you need are your domain.sites files which are found is your User Library/Application Support/iWeb/domain.sites.

Please note that it is your User Library and NOT your system library that these files are located in.

You will also need iWebSites, which you can download and will allow you to open individual domain files, which you cannot do in Yosemite.

Need help with iWeb.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.