Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4.1: EAP-TLS with X.509 certificates

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my IPhone 6 running IOS 8.4.1 to a IEEE 802.11 WIFI network, using EAP-TLS with X.509 certificates for authentication.

I correctly installed my certificate on my mobile phone, and I am able to view it looking in the "profiles" section.

Nevertheless, when I try to connect to the network, the authentication fail. This is because I'm not able to submit the certificate as a credential, but I'm forced to provide only a password, even if the selected authentication mode is WPA2-Enterprise.

The certificate is correct (I use the same certificate on my pc and the authentication passes correctly every time). Using previous versions of IoS, I was able to selected the modality for the authentication (I remember they was automatic or EAP-TLS), but now I'm not able to perform this choice.

Can anyone suggest me a solution?

Thank you :-)

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 7:38 AM

3 replies

Nov 20, 2015 6:37 AM in response to Transagonistica

Had the same issue - managed to get this working by placing my Radius Server's Public Cert in the profile pushed to the iPhone as well. Kind of silly since I already had my AD CA's public cert in the profile. Radius cert as well as iPhone's private cert are signed by my AD CA. Looks like I will have to place all my radius public certs in the profile (I have 40).

NOTE that this is only an issue when using Apple Configurator. Manual configuration of EAP-TLS WiFi connection requires only CA and iPhone's cert residing on iPhone.

IOS 8.4.1: EAP-TLS with X.509 certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.