Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden missing program interface elements Yosemite

Back in July I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks. So far I am not thrilled and research shows that rolling back is going to be a massive chore.

Today got me considering to roll back on a more serious thought due to things starting to go wonky on me.

My iMac's built in digital color meter no longer has it's full interface where I can use the magnifier to get the color I'm trying to replicate.

I have from the App Store an app called Color Picker and that too no longer shows all of the program's elements.

I've uninstalled Color Picker 6 times and rebooted my computer in-between re-installations. Sometimes it comes back full feature, sometimes not. When it does come back fully functional, I use it once and it breaks again.

The built in Digital Color Meter randomly works on restart.

I was using these two apps on Saturday without a glitch. Today everything is touchy.

Every since installing Yosemite, a screensaver appears out of nowhere, even in the middle of doing something. I have the settings set to NOT use a screensaver at all.

My cursor disappears and only reappears if I click in an empty field outside the window I'm working in.

The list goes on with little things like this. I lost an hour of work today because of these color pickers.

Anyone see these issue and do you have a fix? There seems to be no updates in the app store.

This machine was originally installed with Snow Leopard. Does this mean I would have to back it all up, UPGRADE to Mavericks and then recover from Time Machine? Or is it more difficult than that?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 11:34 AM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Twitchin Kitten

Hey there Twitchin Kitten,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having such issues after installing updates, but if you wish to revert to an older version of the OS, you can find instructions on doing this here:

OS X Yosemite: Revert to a previous OS X version

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18846

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Oct 13, 2015 4:01 AM in response to braden85

I still haven't been able to bring myself to go through the massive undertaking of reverting yet. This might be the thing that does it.

Where did the Burn Utility go? I'm either blind or just plain stupid but I can't find it in my applications directory nor within the utilities directory inside applications.

I CAN burn stuff if I right click and tell "it" to burn and the utility starts, but I have no interface on how I want to burn or what I want to possibly add to what I want to burn.

Sudden missing program interface elements Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.