Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud needs to repair to work with Outlook 2016

I've recently installed Office 2016 and iCloud 4.1. When I open iCloud on the Windows System Tray, it comes up with an error that states.

User uploaded file

When I click 'Open Programs and Features' and click iCloud and 'Repair', it runs through the process and then I'm prompted to restart my PC. After I complete this, I log back into iCloud and the window to Repair shows up again.

I've uninstalled iCloud and Outlook 2016 and re-installed, but that doesn't work.

I have iCloud 4.2 and Outlook 2016 installed on another PC and it works fine.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Outlook 2016-OTHER, Windows

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 1:41 PM

Ditto - same issue. Seems Apple needs to update iCloud to work with Outlook 2016...

37 replies

Oct 6, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Smash Broski

I had previously thought iCloud calendar updates were not working on Outlook 2016 on my Windows 7 64-bit PC, but perhaps after a reboot (?) iCloud is now working ok for me on Windows. I only sync my calendar there. iCloud still does not work on the Mac using Outlook 2016 there, but iCloud has never worked on the Mac with Outlook.

This is all a bit of a mess... and as U. Grunewald above said, I don't know who the main problem is with (Apple or MS) but it is probably a bit of both. Tools like iCloud need to keep current on both Windows and OS X platforms, especially for those who have to use tools like Outlook for work and also use a Mac! I use iCloud for my personal calendar and Outlook for my work stuff, so it is a bit of a pain when the tools don't cooperate.

Oct 6, 2015 1:04 PM in response to Smash Broski

Echo all these comments, but want to add: if you are having trouble with iCloud and it's interface with Outlook 2016 DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME (as I did) uninstalling, repairing, rebooting, redownloading, iCloud and other programs, fooling around with data files and accounts, etc. etc., etc. NO MATTER what you do, this functionality no longer works. There are all kinds of search engine hits out there depending on how you phrase the question, but NO SOLUTION presented does anything beyond waste your time.

Oct 25, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Curmudgeon10

Wish I had found your post a couple of day ago! I spent over 30 hours at my computer trying to get iCloud for windows to work on my windows 10 machine with outlook 2016. Went through all the same things you tried on suggestions from other threads on different forums. Boils down to having to wait for Apple to make iCloud for windows functional again for outlook 2016. The old "hurry up and wait" game!

Oct 25, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Prairienewf

I became so frustrated with APPLE over this, I ditched my iPhone (Gazelle now has it), bought two Windows Phones --- which interface quite nicely with Outlook 2016 --- implemented Google backup, and am about to uninstall iCloud. I am keeping iTunes and my old Apple TVs because Apple has yet to introduce anything that messes with that inter connectivity, although I'm pretty sure that will happen when I'm next prompted to update iTunes or Apple TV, just based on history.

Oct 26, 2015 10:44 AM in response to joe_n

Just spend 1 hour talking to Apple Support. Made it to a senior adviser who at least listened. He recommended, that we all goto

http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

and submit our concerns.

Here is what i just wrote:

When will iCloud for Windows support Outlook 2016? The number of annoyed users is growing every day by 1.000 or more.

It can't be that hard to communicate, that the problem is known and addressed.

Getting iCloud for Windows 5.0 out recently w/o solving the minor Outlook 2016 compatibility issue is a shame and a major disconnect of the worlds largest software ecosystems.

iCloud needs to repair to work with Outlook 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.