Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3.2 Issues

I see many people are having issues with this upgrade. Me too! Here's the problems I'm having (with some fixes):

1, I use backing tracks through the Playback plugin. I have a Waveform image on the screen for each song. There's a big black rectangle in the center of each waveform. I can remove it and rebuild from the Layout window. But why???

2. Many waveform images are not linked to the playback song/waveform.. When I go to link it, it appears. I save. Exit. Re-open. No longer linked. No waveform visible. Unless I rebuild in Layout. Why? This is completely ridiculous.

3 On many songs MS 3.2 has a bus 3 active with significant volume that boosts the overall output ridiculously when summed. My previous concert and songs didn't have this. ***? Luckily i can make changes, save them and these changes stick.

Very disappointed in the Apple MainStage team right now. This is all very unacceptable.

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 10:07 PM

11 replies

Sep 12, 2015 6:37 PM in response to rockstar70

Gack! I have certain keyboard MIDI controllers such as volume sliders, pedals, mod wheels and the like blocked for certain songs (sets), but MS v3.2 does NOT save these settings. I can save the song, save the set, save the concert, say a prayer, but when I reload the concert or import again the song/set, the blocked controllers are no longer blocked! This is a nuisance, as I need these controllers blocked to prevent unwanted volume/whatever changes for a particular song.

I don't understand how Apple can goof like this since it's not a new feature but rather preservation of an existing one.

After church services tomorrow, at which I pray the concert works properly, I guess I'm diving into Time Machine to go back to pre-upgrade sanity. I can only hope that I understand Time Machine enough to know exactly what I need to restore to get there. I tried yesterday to simply go back to the previous MS version but then it complained that I could not load my current concerts as they'd been saved (read "messed up") in/by the latest version.

Disgusted I am.

Art

Sep 16, 2015 10:01 AM in response to rockstar70

I ran into these exact issues when Mainstage 3.2 was automatically updated on my computer THE DAY OF A CONCERT I WAS PERFORMING. I went to open my computer while setting up our live rig and all of our lyrics and song settings were gone or had changed. Seriously, big disaster. We ended up having to abandon all of our patch settings, and tether to a phone for an internet connection to get to copies of our lyrics (I guess we should really memorize all of them but over 100 songs!).

I have a friend at Apple (we live in Palo Alto) who has been listening to me complain about what a disaster the Mainstage 3.2 release was and I'm hoping he will help us get an answer from the Mainstage team about when these issues will be resolved.

So disappointing!

Oct 11, 2015 8:41 PM in response to NotLiable

You could try reading the release notes.

MainStage 3.2.1 includes the following changes. For more information, see www.apple.com/logicpro/mainstage.

• Includes fixes to improve stability and reliability.
  • Alchemy Smart Controls now update reliably when MainStage is reopened after quitting unexpectedly.
  • Mono instances of the Vintage B3 Organ now play reliably in tune when using a Global Tuning offset.
  • It no longer takes two attempts to make adjustments to the tempo of a Loopback instance at the Set level.
  • The Download Additional Content window now displays the correct language when the primary language is set to English and the region is set to a non-English-speaking region.
  • Concerts that contain custom panel background images now open reliably.
  • Show Detailed Help works as expected again.
  • Aliased patches exported from MainStage 3.2 now properly trigger an Import Alias dialog when reimported.
  • The Gain Reduction meter is again visible in the Limiter plug-in.
  • Knobs on Smart Controls now reliably adjust when accessed from Logic Remote.
  • MainStage no longer sends duplicate MIDI messages in some cases where a layered split is defined at the Concert level.
  • Large concerts saved in previous versions now open more quickly.
  • The Reverse IR function works as expected again.
  • Text inside text objects in patches that do not contain channels is now reliably retained when a concert is saved and then reopened.
  • Resolves an issue which stopped some older concert files from opening in MainStage 3.2
  • The correct inputs for external instruments are now reliably retained when reopening saved concerts.
  • Loopback now properly retains the monitor setting when it is set to off.
  • Mappings for Screen Controls that select Playback markers are now correctly retained in saved concerts.
  • Using audio files with special characters in the filename in Playback no longer causes MainStage to unexpectedly quit.
  • Waveform screen control object mappings now display the correct image, and save as expected.

Oct 12, 2015 10:17 AM in response to DrSchmenge

By the way, I updated to 3.2.1 a few weeks ago, and it works pretty well.

My biggest problem with 3.2.0 was with the external instruments' input settings getting lost. That is definitely fixed in 3.2.1.

I haven't found any showstoppers with 3.2.1. I am having some issues with aliases, but I don't know if my problems are specific to this particular release. I'm still learning.

MainStage 3.2 Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.