Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay setup for mazda 2016

How to do carplay setup for mazda 2016 i touring model?

Will carplay supports Mazda as apple announced.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 1:17 AM

14 replies

Sep 10, 2015 2:16 PM in response to yhpczvt

Hi yhpczvt,
I understand that you would like to use CarPlay in your new car. To answer your question, yes Mazda is a committed partner To do that, first make sure that you have a car stereo that supports that feature. once you have done that, take a look at the troubleshooting below to further assist you. If your car does not support CarPlay, you can always look into a third party software to have that functionally in your car.
Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412
About CarPlay

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

If you're using CarPlay

To use CarPlay, you need an iPhone 5 or later with iOS 7.1 or later. Some features (like turn-by-turn navigation) aren't available in all regions. Learn more about CarPlay.

1. Check with the manufacturer to make sure that your car stereo works with CarPlay.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Siri and make sure that Siri is turned on.
  3. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on the car you have, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  4. Connect your iPhone to a different CarPlay USB port (if you have one).
  5. Try a different Lightning cable.
  6. Update your iPhone.
  7. Install any firmware updates for your CarPlay stereo.

Take care

Sep 10, 2015 2:53 PM in response to yhpczvt

I don't believe Mazda is offering any vehicles with CarPlay at this time.

If your screen does not look like the CarPlay screen, with iPhone like icons, bur rather the MazdaConnect Screen standard on most models, then your car does not have CarPlay.

You still can use several hands free features over bluetooth. Like music playing, call answering, text message composing etc...

But no CarPlay features.

Sep 21, 2015 10:36 AM in response to yhpczvt

Greetings,

I just got off the phone with Mazda. I was informed that at this time Mazda does not support apple carplay. The agent added that when the technology becomes available, Mazda will contact you via mail or by whatever means you have supplied, for contact info regarding updates to Mazda connect.

My next call is to apple. I want to know why they advertise Mazda supports their tech when they clearly don't.

Tisk Tisk apple.

carplay setup for mazda 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.