Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant transfer music to touch

cant transfer music to touch. plenty of space, drag music to device, shows up in device library w spin wheel on left, wheel doesn't spin and song doesn't transfer

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 6:54 AM

6 replies

Sep 9, 2015 6:58 AM in response to hockeyhippy

I do not know what yo mean by spin wheel.

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Sep 9, 2015 7:12 AM in response to lllaass

the little wheel that spins when download is in progress. to show you the progress of download. it is all of latest updates. I have only ever used this library no other. the songs play in iTunes. I only use this touch to play music. but apps that are on it do update. I use the manual way to sync music because I don't want my whole library on touch.

Sep 9, 2015 7:39 AM in response to hockeyhippy

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

cant transfer music to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.