Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie

Hello to everyone, i have trouble with export from imovie, when i clicking on icon or clicking in File/Share ( compartir ) nothing happens, before imovie open up the window to export i chose the settings of my choice, but since 1 month ago doesn't work, somebody have similar troubles? ( i erased imovie, i installed imovie again,but doesn't work either ) iUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), imovie version 10.0.9

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 6:55 PM

Hi jlukenet,

My understanding is that you are unable to share from iMovie, and have already attempted removing and reinstalling iMovie, with no change in your issue. Is that correct? Let's see if we can get you back up and running so you can create movies on your Mac.

Do you have another movie in iMovie and if so does it also have this issue? If it does, or if you do not have another movie I would like you to create a new movie and test that. Use these steps -

1. Create a new movie - Create a new movie - iMovie Help
  2. Choose No Theme for your theme.
  3. Enter a name, let's call this "Test." Click OK.
  4. Next we need just a little content. From the Content Library in the lower left select Maps & Backgrounds.Add animated travel maps and backgrounds - iMovie Help
  5. From the Maps content, select Old World Globe and drag it into your Timeline.
  6. Now that we have content we can try to export. Let's export this to a QuickTime file on your Desktop - Export a QuickTime file - iMovie Help

Does this work correctly?

If the issue is still present in the new movie, the next step is to try using a new user account. This article describes how to create a new user account on your Mac - How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Once the new user account has been created, log out of your usual account and log in to the new one. Run the same test again for creating a new movie in iMovie.

Please post the results of your tests here and we will continue to assist.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2015 6:55 PM in response to jlukenet

Hi jlukenet,

My understanding is that you are unable to share from iMovie, and have already attempted removing and reinstalling iMovie, with no change in your issue. Is that correct? Let's see if we can get you back up and running so you can create movies on your Mac.

Do you have another movie in iMovie and if so does it also have this issue? If it does, or if you do not have another movie I would like you to create a new movie and test that. Use these steps -

1. Create a new movie - Create a new movie - iMovie Help
  2. Choose No Theme for your theme.
  3. Enter a name, let's call this "Test." Click OK.
  4. Next we need just a little content. From the Content Library in the lower left select Maps & Backgrounds.Add animated travel maps and backgrounds - iMovie Help
  5. From the Maps content, select Old World Globe and drag it into your Timeline.
  6. Now that we have content we can try to export. Let's export this to a QuickTime file on your Desktop - Export a QuickTime file - iMovie Help

Does this work correctly?

If the issue is still present in the new movie, the next step is to try using a new user account. This article describes how to create a new user account on your Mac - How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Once the new user account has been created, log out of your usual account and log in to the new one. Run the same test again for creating a new movie in iMovie.

Please post the results of your tests here and we will continue to assist.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely.

Nov 23, 2015 8:44 PM in response to Brett L

Hi Brett,

I am having a LOT of trouble exporting to file from iMovie on El Capitan. I decided to try a test and created another user on my MacBook Pro and I was able to export. I only tried one movie and it seems to work. How can I fix iMovie on my main account? El Capitan has no iMovie preferences and one can not repair permissions. Thanks for any input.

Thanks

imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.