Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import AVCHD video into iPhoto?

How do I import AVCHD video format into a slideshow iniPhoto?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 7:39 AM

Brief summary: you don't.

You can process the video into a format that iPhoto understands first and then add it to a slideshow. This is best one with iMovie and for more on that, check the iMovie forum.

A note on AVCHD: This format was developed for people who are shooting to edit the material afterwards. If you're shooting to edit, then iMovie or Final Cut are the correct home for this material. If you're not shooting to edit consider using one of the other video formats on your Camera.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2015 7:39 AM in response to greenumbrella

Brief summary: you don't.

You can process the video into a format that iPhoto understands first and then add it to a slideshow. This is best one with iMovie and for more on that, check the iMovie forum.

A note on AVCHD: This format was developed for people who are shooting to edit the material afterwards. If you're shooting to edit, then iMovie or Final Cut are the correct home for this material. If you're not shooting to edit consider using one of the other video formats on your Camera.

How do I import AVCHD video into iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.