Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DNxHD 36 Data Rate Too High

I am currently trying to use Compressor 4.2.1 to export some DNxHD files. I have the latest and greatest Avid Codecs 2.6 The issue is when I export using DNxHD 36 setting, compressor is not keeping the data rate to 36mbps, it is allowing it to go up to 175mbps. Instead of expected file sizes to be around 3-4GB, I am getting 25-30GB video files. When I try and use MPEGStreamclip to accomplish the same task, it is giving me video files that are capped @ 36mbps. With the 6 minute 42 second test file I am using, the MPEGStreamclip output is a 1.82GB files, while Compressor's version is 8.85GB

This sounds like a bug to me, is anyone else having similar issues?

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 4:01 PM

7 replies

Oct 8, 2015 3:40 PM in response to filmprofmark

Adding my voice to this issue. I might as well specify that it's been a couple of version since the problem occured. First it would output a dnx 175 instead of 36, unless you explicitly modify the setting once it is instantiated in the "tasks" window, only then it would come out as 36MB data rate. But unfortunately, this workaround doesn't seem to work at all in the latest version (4.2.1) and now I am stuck with an unfixable problem that I thought was fixed as per a "pro-codec fix release...". If I was paranoid, I would suspect Apple to sabotage DNXHD in favour of Apple ProRes.

DNxHD 36 Data Rate Too High

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.