Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does cbs all access work on apple tv

Does CBS All Access work on Apple TV?

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 7:50 AM

CBS All Access only works on Apple TV with a Subscription to CBS All Access. I find this silly as this is the only channel that allows free content on the web but not in a "connected" device with paying a subscription fee. I can stream for free on the iPhone or on a web browser but if I want to use an Apple TV they want a subscription. I feel users should actively not watch CBS and have them join the rest of broadcast and allow free content in a connected device such as an Apple TV.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2017 7:50 AM in response to janiceleeg

CBS All Access only works on Apple TV with a Subscription to CBS All Access. I find this silly as this is the only channel that allows free content on the web but not in a "connected" device with paying a subscription fee. I can stream for free on the iPhone or on a web browser but if I want to use an Apple TV they want a subscription. I feel users should actively not watch CBS and have them join the rest of broadcast and allow free content in a connected device such as an Apple TV.

Sep 10, 2015 6:19 PM in response to janiceleeg

I don't think CBS All Access is compatible with Apple TV directly but you can mirror what's playing on the app on your phone or iPad onto your TV through Apple TV using Airplay. Swipe up from the bottom of your device and activate AirPlay, then hit Apple TV and the mirror button. Whatever is on your phone screen will then be on your TV. I've noticed a little lag when it plays on TV but not too bad (but not quite the sam quality as watching a TV show).

Nov 9, 2016 12:30 PM in response to janiceleeg

Not exactly. There is an Apple TV CBS app. It knows that I'm a CBS All Access subscriber, and shows me back episodes of most everything CBS has ever run. But I subscribe to CBS All Access mainly to watch Big Brother Over The Top, available only through a CBS All Access subscription. Two key features when I've selected Big Brother Over The Top are the Weekly Episodes row where you can click on your choice of episodes to watch, and a Daily Update, where you can click on a summary of latest day's updates. Neither of them update unless I literally restart my Apple TV. Big pain in the neck, takes 10 minutes sometimes. When I asked the CBS All Access support guy about it, he said that I should ask Apple, he has no idea and doesn't have an Apple TV available so he couldn't see what I was seeing in the first place, and he could only give me guidance if I was watching it through a computer browser. So although it's the CBS app, CBS told me to ask Apple how to get it to work. (Apparently there are also other features I don't see, such as an on-going chat, but I don't care about that.) Anyway, I"m hoping that someone else who is looking here has some advice as to how to get the CBS app to work right on the Apple TV for All Access. But it does allow me to at least see some of the features of the show, such as the 24 hour a day cameras inside the Big Brother House. Good luck and hopefully someone will come up with an answer to my issue, which should be helpful to you also.

does cbs all access work on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.