Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting "ERROR ITMS-9000: video element doesn't provide fallback" when trying to validate ePub via itunes producer

getting "ERROR ITMS-9000: video element doesn't provide fallback" when trying to validate ePub via itunes producer

This is my first time creating an ePub so maybe theres something obvious I'm missing. It's a fixed layout ePub generated from Adobe InDesign, heavy on graphics, file size about 86mb. There are four small (<5mb each) H.264 mp4's in the book. I don't know what other information to include. Any help would be appreciated.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 10:56 PM

Hello,

Can you share the coding used for video file? I guess that the fallback coding is missing in your video coding. See below for example:

<video src="video/video.mp4" controls="controls">

<div class="err">

<p>

Sorry, it appears your system

either does not support video

playback or cannot play the

MP4 format provided.

</p>

</div>

</video>

Best Regards,

Arthic

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2015 10:56 PM in response to worshipstudioworks

Hello,

Can you share the coding used for video file? I guess that the fallback coding is missing in your video coding. See below for example:

<video src="video/video.mp4" controls="controls">

<div class="err">

<p>

Sorry, it appears your system

either does not support video

playback or cannot play the

MP4 format provided.

</p>

</div>

</video>

Best Regards,

Arthic

Sep 15, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Arthicleo

First, thank you for your response. The video was generated by Adobe After Effects at 866x488 and encoded with Adobe Media Encoder using the H.264 format, which outputs an mp4. I can reset the output size to 852x480 in AME. There is an option for H.264 Blu-ray which outputs m4v but has set frame sizes such as 720x480 which are not the same aspect ratio as my file. I have searched for encoding options but have seen nothing that gives me a "fallback" option. If there is another way to access these settings I'd like to know. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.