Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems burning a disk on iDVD, it says there is not enough space to encode remaining assets. All the videos have fully encoded, I have over 300GB of free space on the drive I'm using and I've tried both single layer and double layer DVD R.

Is there any way to override or fix iDVD when it tell me I don't have enough disk space? All the videos have fully encoded (they aren't particularly large either), I have over 300GB of free space on the drive I'm using and I've tried both single layer and double layer DVD R.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 11:00 AM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2015 3:25 AM in response to mailefromSD

Hi

And to ask some more.

The Video You want to put on Your DVD:

- How long is it (they - added together) ?

- In what video CODEC are they recorded ?

iDVD Doesn't care about size in Mb of Your movie but just for time. I've movies on 50Mb that do not fit and on 50Gb that fit's nicely. So it matters largely.

iDVD is picky in what it can import - but strangely enough even more so when it comes to coding to DVD and burning. So all steps from Camera to iDVD can give information on why problem arises - one very common one is that movie is Exported from Video-Editor (iMovie, FinalCut etc) in a HD or even better quality. THIS doesn not give a better result BUT WORSE as iDVD does a BAD JOB in downscaling to DVD-Standard quality (SD-Video as on old CRT-TVs at it's best).

Please - give more info.

Space on other hard disks connected else than the Boot-Drive can not be used by iDVD - so it doesn't matter if this is great - Must be on the Boot-Drive (the on Your Mac starts-up from.

Yours Bengt W

Problems burning a disk on iDVD, it says there is not enough space to encode remaining assets. All the videos have fully encoded, I have over 300GB of free space on the drive I'm using and I've tried both single layer and double layer DVD R.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.