Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why wont my proof of purchase be accepted?

My Grandma has an iPhone 5 32GB.

She's forgotten the apple id password and the password to the back up email. We tried calling apple 100 times to resolve the issue which has turned out to be very stressful for the both of us.

Apple asked us for a proof of purchase which we had to ask 3 (network provider) three times as the others were previously denied. When we finally had one that contained all the information asked for in an email that was sent to us from apple, we waited about 1 day and a half to find out it was denied, again.

My grandma has given up as she happy with her iPhone 6 + but she would like to use or give away the phone she paid and used for 2 years.

Where do we go from here ?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 12:47 PM

9 replies

Sep 10, 2015 2:45 PM in response to ioiomdh

I suppose Apple has some info about sale that does not match info that you provide... What is that info, nobody here would know.

Try to write down possible answers to security questions (even if it takes your grams time) and keep at it. The fact that you know

what email that phone is locked to (if you really do) is 50 percent of success.

Sep 11, 2015 1:10 AM in response to Winston Churchill

They wanted a recipt of the phone, which I didn't have so Apple send me an

email with information that I contacted my provider and asked for.They

wanted like the bill payers address, name, contact details, phone price,

serial number, date of contract start, Ect. They accepted the information

and filled it out on their system before ending the call. But then rejected

it so I'm a little confused.

On Thursday, September 10, 2015, Apple Support Communities Updates <

Sep 11, 2015 5:40 AM in response to ioiomdh

ioiomdh wrote:

They wanted a recipt of the phone, which I didn't have so Apple send me an

email with information that I contacted my provider and asked for.They

wanted like the bill payers address, name, contact details, phone price,

serial number, date of contract start, Ect. They accepted the information

and filled it out on their system before ending the call. But then rejected

it so I'm a little confused.

On Thursday, September 10, 2015, Apple Support Communities Updates <

They wanted a receipt. They will accept anything you will insist upon, people on the phone work for your satisfaction, but they are not the same that review your proof. Those guys do need is a receipt. All other stuff is useless. You insisting for them to take anything but receipt - it is useless. Only original receipt

or carrier's copy will do.

Why wont my proof of purchase be accepted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.