Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the ip of ntp server that ios devices use ?? [ V urgent pl ]

Hi Apple team , i am a Cisco TAC engineer and i am working with one of my customers, they have an issue where they are syncing there cisco devices to a public ntp server and that ntp server is giving them time difference of three minutes with their ios devices, which is leading to some accounting failures for them.

They need to sync their cisco devices to the same ntp source as their ios devices.

Thus letting me know what ntp server ip IOS devices are using will be very helpful.

Regards

Kushagra Kaushik

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 8:03 PM

4 replies

Sep 10, 2015 8:50 PM in response to FelipeV

i did a nslookup on time.apple.com and got following ip

KUKAUSHI-M-Q08Y:~ kushagra$ nslookup time.apple.com

Server: 72.163.128.140

Address: 72.163.128.140#53

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: time.apple.com

Address: 17.253.84.253

Address: 17.253.6.253

Address: 17.253.82.253

There are so many ip(s) here , i would need one defininte one which i can let the customer know to configure on the box, in US.

Also if time.apple.com it's will it provide time to non iOS devices as well ?

I would need it for definite and certainty as customer will make change in production based on it.

What is the ip of ntp server that ios devices use ?? [ V urgent pl ]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.