Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone is empty but it say that storag is full

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 11, 2015 1:27 AM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2015 8:17 PM in response to ReinaBorinquena

ReinaBorinquena wrote:

Same here but iPhone 6. C'mon, Apple. FIX IT please. Should I consider an Android purchase?

r

We're not Apple here. Had you bothered to read the Terms of Use of this forum, you'd have saved yourself embarrassment by imploring Apple to do something when Apple is not here. Just users like you.

As far as an Android purchase, again, we users here could care less what you do.

Regarding your issue, what have YOU done to troubleshoot your problem? Have you taken any of the basic troubleshooting steps recommended in the manual?

Best,

GDG

Oct 28, 2015 3:06 PM in response to gdgmacguy

It's truly sad that you felt it necessary to attack me. I am no fool. I also realize Apple Support peeps do read these forums regularly. Please take a moment to think before lashing out. If it's not a good day, step away from the computer for a few moments. I refuse to condemn rather choose to believe you have been mislead about my intentions, intelligence, etc. Since we have never met and have no history, please be kind enough to give me and others the benefit of the doubt. I prefer to focus on the solution to this problem that I'm clearly not alone in experiencing. Do a Google search and find out for yourself.

Have a blessed and better day.

Sincerely,

r

Jan 25, 2016 2:03 PM in response to sobhanrauf

So has anyone found a fix for this issue? My Boss has an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.2.1 it says it is using 109GB of data (71.29GB Documents & Data). This has never happened before and is only a new occurrence since upgrading the OS. I have deleted every one of his non standard apps and erased his email and re added it. Nothing has worked. How do we fix this issue? Where can we manage Documents & Data? I should not have to purchase a 3rd party app to fix what is obviously a OS issue.

Mar 22, 2016 8:54 AM in response to Hanani

I had the same issue even with 128gb iPhone 6 Plus, just like everyone here storage capacity was 119GB and apparently i used up everything and elft with 0 bytes. What was worse was that I couldn't backup my iPhone because it just says it couldn't back up because iPhone was disconnected (when my cable was showing that iPhone is charging and I could access the files in my iPhone while it was backing up).
Two solutions:
1) Fix the backup issue first then Back Up Now
- Delete previous backup files as it could be corrupted. How to? Menu (top left corner) / Preferences / Devices / Delete Backup
- Now click 'Back Up Now'. Back Up could take up to an hour or so. Mine took almost 35 minutes. However at my first attempt it was successful.
2) To fix storage full issue.
- After you performed the Back Up, click Restore iPhone.
After resetting the iPhone, you can now observe on your iTunes that your storage has free up a lot more space by now at the indicator located at the bottom beside the Sync icon. in my case, I now have 98.20 GB free from 0 bytes free. - Restore your iPhone using the back up file and if you have chosen Encrypt iPhone backup previously, a pop up will now prompt you to enter password and this would be the password you have entered for the Encrypt iPhone backup. Initially i thought it was iTunes password or my phone's unlock password. After a number of attempts i remember i had an Encrypt iPhone backup password. So don't panic.
Result:
Although i lost all my WhatsApp images that was saved within WhatsApp, however i managed to restore everything else including my WhatsApp chats. Free up 98GB worth of space from supposedly 0 bytes. Believe it or not, my phone now works a lot faster and hangs less now. I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.