This discussion is archived
5334 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2006 11:51 PM by RK5
Currently Being ModeratedNov 6, 2006 10:40 AM (in response to fireycarcrash)okay, let's first try working through the suggestions from this document (that you haven't already tried):
Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime software in Windows
... but if no joy with that, let's try getting an iTunes 7 installer log to the Apple engineers for a look.
1. Open a command prompt window. (Start menu -> Run. Type in "cmd". Hit return.)
2. Drag and drop iTunesSetup.exe onto the window so that the full pathname of the file is at the command line prompt.
3. Type in a space, then the following line:
4. Hit return.
5. The installer will create a log file:
Find that file and send it as an attachment to this email address.
in the email to Roy, be sure to include the following information:
- A link to the thread on Apple Discussions where the issue is being discussed
- The username you are using in the thread
- The version of iTunes you are using or trying to use
- the version of Windows you are using (mention service packs)
- A concise description of the issue you are seeing
- The exact text of the error message you are seeinggateway, p4 (belladonna), Windows XP, 20gb b&w ipod (mauve) 20gb color ipod (attractive beast) 4gb nano (green eyes)