Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP settings for Android

Hello,

I haven't had any luck accessing my iCloud email on my LG G4 Android. Any ideas what the configuration is when you have a 2-step verification on your email? Yes, I have an iPhone and Android. Looks like iCloud does not play nice with Androids or vice-versa!

-Esteban

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 11, 2015 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 1:31 PM

Hey Esteban,

I understand that you're wondering about the viability of using your iCloud email on your Android device with two-step verification enabled for your Apple ID. This can, indeed be done, and is facilitated by creating an app-specific password for the device that you're setting your account up on. App-specific passwords can only be generated after passing two-step authentication, and are generated for specific applications (the mail app on your Android phone), allowing them to authenticate to your account. More information on app-specific passwords as well as how to generate and use them can be found in the article linked below.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

All my best

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2015 1:31 PM in response to esteban2800

Hey Esteban,

I understand that you're wondering about the viability of using your iCloud email on your Android device with two-step verification enabled for your Apple ID. This can, indeed be done, and is facilitated by creating an app-specific password for the device that you're setting your account up on. App-specific passwords can only be generated after passing two-step authentication, and are generated for specific applications (the mail app on your Android phone), allowing them to authenticate to your account. More information on app-specific passwords as well as how to generate and use them can be found in the article linked below.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

All my best

IMAP settings for Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.